Saturday I realized that it is already April. I think, the Google joke about the their new free internet tipped me off. Funny. But it also meant that tax day is coming awfully close, so I decided to take the bull by the horn and do my taxes. I still managed a short trip to Gloucester, which is just up the coast a wee bit. I took the coastal route which weaves nicely along the ocean and through old forest area. Lots of older style huge villas that look like old money and private schools along the road. I walked through Gloucester's historic district which has small shops, restaurants and cafes. For a late lunch I settled on a nice tuna steak with pineapple gazpacho and a Copper Ale from a microbrewery in Vermont. Most of the shops in that area where either selling 'antic' Schnickschnack or other retail I wasn't particular interested in. However, they had a record store that sells old vinyl records. Pretty cool, just browsing through these old records and checking what was hip in the 60's, 70's, or 80's. On my way back I got reminded that I am back in 21st century traffic. First, a lady couldn't make up her mind on a 4-way stop and furiously gave me the famous hand signal when I moved in front of her. And just before I was home, somebody almost took the front of my car off, because apparently I wasn't aware that. when he bought his shiny truck, it came with an automatic right-of-way on all left turns. Silly me.
Tribute to a leader
11 years ago
This other Google joke also just came out and I think it is more believable. Two people I sent it to fell for it.
ReplyDeletehttp://mail.google.com/mail/help/paper/index.html#utm_source=afj
Be sure to read "Learn more...", as I think they've done a fine job on that page.
They certainly have a sense of humor. Try to get directions in Google Maps from New York to London and read the route description.
ReplyDelete