Obama, president elect.
In the mean-time, life goes on. On Monday, I went to court to pay off
my speeding ticket. What? Christian? How could this happen?
You are right, I usually don't speed......much. But a couple of weeks
ago I was on my way home from work, when I 'lost' track of my speed
in a construction zone. When I saw the cop car and I checked my speed,
I knew I was busted. There was hope for a couple of seconds when I
monitored my rear-view mirror, but then I saw the cop car pull out and
turn the lights on. Damn!! This was so classic. My first ticket in the US.
Ah well, in the end, the cop gave me a break and I just had to pay a fine,
no points.
I also had to fill up the car today and guess what I saw.
Gas for under $2. Hard to believe
that I payed more than $4.50 just
a couple of month ago. Wow.
Makes me wonder. Were the high
prices just a trick by the oil companies
to test our limit? Or, did people
really wise up and drove less.
I am sure the gas price will go up again,
but for now I am enjoying filling up the car for under $30.
No comments:
Post a Comment