Monday, March 23, 2009

Toluca

I finally made it to Toluca. Not without any hick-ups, of course.
We were leaving Detroit early Sunday morning with a stopover in Houston.
When we got close, the plane started doing waiting loops and the pilot
explained that there was fog on the ground. GREAT! As I count down
the minutes I have to catch the flight to Toluca, the plane finally descends
and we are going to land. Wait for it......... Of course not. As we approach
landing, the pilot all of a sudden pulls up the nose and hits the throttle.
He than announced that it was to foggy and that we need to fly to Austin
for a pit-stop, since we are running out of fuel. So, by the time we are back in
Houston, 2 hours later, the connection flight is gone and there is only one flight
to Toluca a day. There was an option to fly to Mexico City and drive to Toluca,
but our contacts in Mexico strongly discouraged us from doing that.
So we spend the night in Houston and take the flight Monday morning.
After spending all day at the GM plant, I am finally resting in my hotel.
I can certainly tell that Toluca is 2700m high. The air is thin and the sun
is just beating down. But is is 25dC so I am not complaining. I hope I get to
see a little bit of the town. I had plans to do some sigh seeing yesterday ,but
got to see Houston instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment