
I just read that GM has decided
to keep Opel. Not a real big
surprise. I thought they were close
to call off the deal with Magna
months ago, but they didn't want
to embarrass the German
government close to the election.
The terms of the sale didn't make much sense
for GM in the first place. They'd give up the brand
that actually has a compact car line and they also
would have transferred technology and market share
to a Russian manufacturer.
But, the way this story is going, GM can change their mind again.
It seems the GM board is picking flowers over this:
"Keep Opel - Sell Opel - Keep Opel - Sell Opel - Keep Opel"
I am interested in the story mostly, because I come from an
'Opel' family and I also work with GM here in the States.
Movie Update:
I saw "Law Abiding Citizen". Typical 'Father-is-on-a-revenge-killing-spree-
because-his family-got-killed". Nothing special, really, and the plot and motive
had a bunch of logical errors, so I'll give it 2.5/5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment