After all the hype for the iPad it finally went on sale last week. Since
there is a Apple store in the mall next door, I decided to take a look.
Went I went into the store, it was crowded. but they had enough iPads
around for me to find one. The first impression, its a big iPod touch.
The hardware looks sleek and the screen looks sharp as well. I tested a
coupe applications and they execute blasting fast. I tried the Safari
browser and web pages are loading quickly. If you like the iPod touch,
you will like the hardware of this device as well.
So, did I buy one? ............. Nope, and here is why.
It's not a laptop replacement. You still need a laptop to sync and load
all your stuff. No camera, no flash, no USB port. I can see using one, when
you are traveling, but I am not, so it has no practical use for me.
But, I heard that Apple already announced an OS upgrade and I am sure
the next generation iPads will be even better. Maybe I can create a need
for the second generation. ;)
Tribute to a leader
11 years ago
http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/15/ipad-printing-solved/
ReplyDelete