During my vacation in NZ I acquired a taste for Ginger Beer. It's brewed from ginger roots with a tangy taste and the ability to calm my stomach. Here in the States I've only seen Ginger Ale, which doesn't really compare. So, I was quite surprised last week when I browsed the grocery store aisles and found ginger beer. Anticipating a trip back to memory lane I bought a six-pack and went home. What a disappointment! The stuff was way to sweet and when I checked the label, I found out that it was made from ginger juice, not roots. Too bad...... I guess, I'll have to keep on looking.
The summer her so far has been great. It's been warm, but not super hot. Boston is always a great place to go and there a a couple nice towns up the coast that are always worth visiting. Salem maintains its quirky character. Which other town would give out licenses for fortune tellers and psychics? Can't wait for Halloween, I hear it's a blast.
Latest Movie reviews:
Simpsons: I thought the Simpsons was a good movie. It was like a great episode from a couple of seasons ago when it still was funny. I actually had to laugh out loud a couple of times. The movie makes fun of others, themselves and does a good job keeping the story going. The plot is somewhat stupid, but hey it's the Simpsons, it doesn't have to make sense. A solid 3.5 out of 5.
Bourne Ultimatum: I am a fan of the Bourne series and this one was as good as the others. It starts out a bit slow, but picks up speed nicely and the more the movie progresses, the more we learn about Jason Bourne. The movie wraps up the story of Bourne quite nicely, but they left themselves a little back door in case they want to do a couple more. Good action and good acting, makes this a great movie. My rating: 4 out of 5.
Tribute to a leader
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment