
This weekend I went to one of these famous quirky food places that are famous around here. So, I hopped in the Schnitzelwagen and made my way to Essex to have dinner at Woodman's, and their award winning fried clams. It turns out that Woodman's is kind of a seafood fast food restaurant. Outside the restaurant they have lobsters on display. You can pick the one you like and they cook it right in front of you. During the summer people are lining the street for a block order their food. Inside, you go to the counter and order your food. They have steamed clams, lobster tail, haddock and other goodies and of course their famous fried clams. I ordered the clams which came with onion rings and fries. Once my number was up, I was handed a box loaded with a heap of fries, onion rings, and clams. The clams were actually really good and it was an enjoyable experience.
It reminded me of another unique place with a reputation for fried food. The Burger Barge in Peoria. I've only been there one, but it was certainly worth the trip. Where else can you buy a bucket of seafood and the 'Farm' burger? If you ever want your arteries clogged, this is the place to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment