Monday, March 24, 2008

Fake Outrage

Today, I came across one of my favorite pet peeves. Fake Outrage. Over
the years I have witnessed a few, but today was a beauty. I was standing
in line o grab some lunch. The guy in front of me got up to
the counter and complaint that whoever made his chili salad earlier
forgot the chili. Just as the person behind the counter started to
fix his salad, the guy demanded to see the manager. Then he went into a
fit, explaining that he had to drive back for 15 minutes
to get his chili and that he lost a half hour of his life. He
obviously was going for some free coupons and he actually demanded
an apology from the person who forgot to put the chili in his salad.
Hilarious! I guess he took a cue from the current presidential race. It
seems like everyday, in either the Clinton or Obama campaign, somebody
says something mildly confrontational and the other side is OUTRAGED!!!
This is going on for weeks now and it turns my excitement for the election
totally off. Because, we all know, there is more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment