Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The forbidden Kingdom

If you ever wondered, what would it be like to have a movie that
combines 'Karate Kid' and 'The Wizard of Oz', you got to see
'The forbidden Kingdom'. It's a action packed movie with cool
Kung Fu, great humor and ............. ahhhhh, who am I kidding.
For some reason, every time I see a movie with Jet Li, I am disappointed.
After 'Romeo PLEASE die', this is another boring Kung Fu movie.
The story is dull and didn't make much sense. The CGI looks fake
all the way, not sure if they did that on purpose, to make it look more artsy.
So, what's left is a bunch of Kung Fu fight scenes which get old really fast.
Just to give an idea on the logic of the movie, here is a tidbit:
The female villain, who is flying around tree tops all movie long, is killed
by falling off the balcony of a castle. Mmm, I guess, she ran out of flying
power.
Well, this one will get a 2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment