Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tax day

The 15th, is approaching fast and we all know what that means: TAX DAY!
I just finished mine today. It took longer than expected, thanks to
Massachusetts. Their tax return is more complex than the federal one
and you need to provide proof of health insurance, because it is now
mandatory, if you can effort it. And, I can not e-file and have to use
the good old snail mail. Ah well, it's all set and done, unless I forget
to put it in the mail.
This week feels kinda weird at the office. I hear German spoken everywhere.
We have a bunch of guys from the German office in town, mostly for
the SAE world congress next week. Interestingly, I find it not that easy
to talk German in a English spoken environment. Even when I share an
office with Fredi in Peoria, we would mostly talk in a German/English
gibberish. Usually, when I go back to Germany for vacation, it takes a couple days to go back into the German groove and I have been
accused of having an "American" accent. Funny.
Speaking of talking, I had to go to the dentist yesterday, because
of a cracked tooth and the assistant actually started a conversation with
my mouth filled with cotton strips. I've seen this type of 'conversation'
in so many comic sketches that I almost had to laugh out loud when she
nodded and responded to my mumbled answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment