Well, I guess the Olympics are over. The IOC president called them
"... truly exceptional games". Personally, I found the games rather
uninspiring. Besides watching a couple competitions here and there,
I never caught the Olympic fever. Of course, the games were perfectly
organized and the world records were broken, like there is no tomorrow.
But, everything seem just a touch too perfect and with most of these records,
there is always the linger of doping. Maybe it was the NBC coverage, that
focused on a couple athletes and teams only and that was typical
hyped-up and patriotic. I mean, come on, the US basketball team's Olympic
experience was dubbed 'Road to Redemption'. Wow.
I found myself watching mostly CBC, because they actually showed
some sports you usually don't see on TV. I will however, give kudos to the
NBC Internet site. They had most of the sports on video, often live,
and without commentators. Truly enjoyable.
Well, time to focus on the upcoming football season.
One of the few hyped-up sports I like watching. :)
Tribute to a leader
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment