This was suppose to be a great weekend. Last week I got a call from
Thomas, a good friend from Germany. I know Thomas since college and
I usually visit him and his family when I am in Germany.
Thomas was on a business trip throughout the Americas and had a
weekend stop in Chicago. So, we decided to meet on Saturday
and explore the windy city. I used some frequent flyer miles for the
first flight out of Detroit and I was set to meet with
Thomas for breakfast. Since my plane would leave Detroit Saturday
morning around 7am, I would have to leave home about 5:30 to make it.
Good plan!
Friday night I woke up around 1am, because it seemed like some of my
dinner from last dinner launched a full scale attack on my immune system.
I spent the rest of the night pacing between my bedroom and bathroom and
at 5:30am, the time for departure, I rested curled in my bed with a
cold sweet and frequent stops at the porcelain phone. At this point
I knew, i wouldn't make it to Chicago, so I reluctantly called the
airline to cancel the flight. Rotten Luck.
I spend the rest of the miserable Saturday sipping tea and nibbling
pretzels to past the time. Great!!
Of course, today I am fine. Besides a sore ribcage and a big headache,
there is nothing left of the big fight.
Tribute to a leader
11 years ago
That does suck.
ReplyDeleteDid the airline let you keep any miles or rebook to somewhere else in the future?
They gave me options which I hardly understood, because I was half delirious when I called, but they all sucked: 1.) Get the FF miles back for a $100 fee. 2.) Keep the ticket open for one year, no fee.
ReplyDeleteI took option 2, because I figured I'll make it to Chicago within a year.