Saturday, February 28, 2009

Where's the spring?

Geez, it March 1st and I am enjoying another day in single digit
temperature. So far, this Michigan winter is everything it was
promised to be. Long, cold and snowy. Mmmm, maybe I should
take a timeout and spend a weekend somewhere warm.
The general mood in Michigan isn't any brighter, either. Seems like
the current economy crisis is hitting hard here
with the automotive companies teetering on the brink of
bankruptcy. Well, the next couple of weeks will certainly be
interesting. I am hoping GM is going to pull through, for the matter
of saving Opel in Germany. My first two cars were Opel's and I have
fond memories driving those junkers around.

Movie review: Taken (3/5)
'Taken" tells the story of a man (Liam Neeson) with a dubious past
quitting his job to be close to his teenage daughter. When she is
kidnapped in Paris he is using his 'unique' talents to get her back.
The plot was very predictable and the movie felt like a 'Bourne'
movie with 'Man on fire' mixed in. I give it 3 stars, because of Liam
Neeson's performance. Otherwise the movie was just too predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment