With winter holding a steady grip on Michigan, last Sunday was actually
nice with temperatures in the 30's. A couple of co-workers and I decided
to hit the slopes. You heard right I went skiing. Well I strapped 2 long pieces
of plastic to my feet and carefully maneuvered down a hill. Not sure if you
can call that skiing. It was fun, though. I haven't been on a ski hill in a
couple of years and the Ski 'Resort' of 'Alpine Valley' was just the right
amount of difficulty for me. Just to clarify for anybody outside the Midwest,
a 'Resort' is usually a couple of buildings, a couple of ski lifts and some
moderate high hill, and the 'Alpine Valley' has no resemblance of the
Alps or a valley for that matter. It's kinda like calling the sandbox at your
local swimming pool 'Ocean Beach' But, for me it was quite enough.
Tribute to a leader
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment