Since I spend a couple of days in Peoria last week
I might as well give some Schnitzelwagens to the restaurants I went to.

First place I went to was Sushi Gawa on Friday for lunch. Sushi Gawa
is always a great place for sushi and this time was not different. Great
sushi and great agedashi tofu. Four Schnitzelwagen (4/5)
Friday night we went to Sizzling India. This place has been around for
a while, but I haven't been there for a couple of years, mainly because
the service was subpar. This time it was a lot better. The food was good
and the waiting staff attentive. 3.5 Schnitzelwagen (3.5/5)
Saturday, Angela, Jim and I went to a small hole-in-wall grill on Pioneer
Parkway. I believe it was called Chicagoland Grille. The sausage and beef
sandwich I had was awsome. The taste reminded me of some of the some
sandwiches I had up in Chicago. Great place for lunch. 4 Schnitzelwagen (4/5)
For dinner on Saturday we went to Kobe Steak House on Willow Knolls.
We opted for the teppanyaki style food without the song and dance.
I had shrimps and scallops. The scallops were perfectly cooked. The
shrimp was a bit overdone and the Agedashi Tofu missed the great
sauce I am used to at Sushi Gawa. Overall a solid 3 Schnitzelwagen
experience. (3/5)
So there it is. The Schnitzelwagen guide for the carnivore branched into
Illinois.
No comments:
Post a Comment