Monday, December 1, 2008

What I like about flying

A strange headline, isn't it. Usually, flying commercial these
days is annoyance, frustration, and not a pleasant experience
at all. So, for a change I will list things I like about flying.
But first, a word about Thanksgiving. I went down to Peoria to
visit friends and to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner. The food
was great as always, thanks Angela, and I had a great time altogether.
I met up with some old friends and enjoyed a relaxing weekend.
I even avoided the Black Friday sales rush, to see on the news
that people got trampled to death or shoot, just to snatch the $29.99
DVD player. Unbelievable.
But back to the enjoyment of flying. Here are some reasons why
I like flying:
- I like the fact that I can be in Germany in 8 hours and not spent
2 weeks traveling by boat.
- The moment when you pass through the cloud cover and there is
nothing, but blue sky above you and a sea of white clouds below.
- The acceleration on takeoff
- Seeing a 747 take off, amazing that that beast can fly
- Flying over a city at night time.

So the next time you are sitting crammed in an airline seat, waiting
on the tarmac for hours to take off, and getting the drink cart
slammed in your shoulder every 15 minutes, think about the how
nice flying can be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment