So, I am sitting in a Holiday In in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I have a training
class to teach tomorrow, so I turn on the laptop and ....................... nothing,
nada zilch, nix, no desktop. F!@#$%K.
OK, calm down, remember Windows 101. When in doubt, use safe mode.
After a couple attempts, the computer finally boots in safe mode
and after another 2 restarts, I got my computer back. Puh, close call.
But from the beginning. I started my North American round-trip today,
which takes me to Canada for two days and then off to Mexico.
Should be fun. For the Canada trip, I tried something different and used the
train from Windsor to Oshawa. Oh boy, first I drove to Windsor, just across
the river from Detroit, passed through the border and parked my car at the
train station. Being used to the German train system, I admit, I've been spoiled,
but the cars had WIFI and the seats were better than in an airplane.
And, being driven throughthe country side at warp speed 60mph is still better
than driving on a highway myself. I made it to Toronto and had to switch
trains, no problem, besides the fact, that people didn't seem to understand my
English accent. Every time I asked "Is this the train to Oshawa", they would
answer in French. Strange. But hey, I made it. Actually, every time I hear
the people speak here, it reminds me of this great Molson Commercial:
Well, tomorrow, I will head back to the US of A and than brush up
my non existing Spanish, because I am going to head South of the Border.
Food: I ate at this great Japanese place here, all you can eat Sushi
and everything, fresh made, from the Miso soup to the Green Tea ice cream.
Awesome!
Tribute to a leader
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment