Tuesday, February 8, 2011

PACKERS won the Super Bowl!!!


Unbelievable! The Packers actually won
the Super Bowl. After an impressive run
through the playoffs, beating the 'mighty'
Bears in Chicago for the NFC Title,
they also beat the Steelers in the final game
to win it all. WOW!
It has been a long time coming, 14 years
since they won the last time. I remember
celebrating at Water Street in Milwaukee,
skipping class the next day. Good Times!
I have to hand to the Packers though. They had a lot of
injuries, but didn't whine or complain.
They simple played the hand they were given and made
the best of it. Also, a shoutout to the Steelers. They
came back in the second half and made a game of it,
more than I liked actually. But, all's well that ends well.


Movie Update: The Kingss Speech (4/5)
The movie is about King George VI of Britain, his impromptu ascension to the throne and the speech therapist Lionel Logue, who helped the unsure monarch become worthy of it.

I really enjoyed watching this movie.
Of course, there was no action and
exploding cars, but the acting was just
superb. The movie was well written and
the humor very British. Just an example:



Lionel Logue: [as George "Berty" is lighting up a cigarette] Please don't do that.
King George VI: I'm sorry?
Lionel Logue: I believe sucking smoke into your lungs will kill you.
King George VI: My physicians say it relaxes the throat.
Lionel Logue: They're idiots.
King George VI: They've all been knighted.
Lionel Logue: Makes it official then.




The movie has been nominated for a ton of Oscars and it certainly deserves
it. 4 out of 5 Stars from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment