Sunday, February 20, 2011

North America Round Trip Part 2

Oh Canada! Oh Toronto Traffic!. Ah well, after spending the day teaching
a class at the customer site, it was time to say good bye to Oshawa and
returning to Michigan. Since Donald had the rental, I didn't have to take
the train back, but was looking forward to a 5 hour drive through Ontario.
We were ready to go and turned the car westwards just in time to hit
the rush-hour in Toronto. Beautiful! Nearly 2 hours stop-and-go. 
Great! I had to be back in Windsor before 11PM, because the parking lot
at the train station would close and I still needed my car to drive back
to Novi. So, as we sitting in snarling traffic, I am getting concerned.
Luckily, the pace improved and we hit Windsor around 9. I got in the
car and hit the tunnel to the US. It was a little bit of a weird feeling. I
never had entered the USA by car before. But, the immigrations officer
only had a couple of questions and I was back in Detroit.

Today, I spend pretty much the whole day preparing for the next trip.
Mexico! The plane leaves at 6AM, so I decided to stay up and sleep
on the plane. It will be a hop to Houston and then across the border
to Toluca. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment