flight to Houston at 6AM. I am checking my boarding pass and I am in the
last row. Worst seat in the house, right next to the bathroom. Super!
So, during the 3 hour flight, I'll get a whiff of Eau de Continental every couple
of minutes. Nice. Changed planes in Houston and
the flight to Toluca was a breeze, until I had to go through customs.
Apparently, the scanner didn't like my little toolkit, so I had to unpack and
show everything, twice, before they were certain I don't pose a risk
to Mexico. Ah well, Jim picked up the rental and asking the manager for
directions to the hotel. "It's easy, just do a U-turn, take the highway to the
left and in about 5 miles the hotel is on your right." RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHT!.......................
Let's just say it took us more than a couple 'easy' minutes to find it.
But, we made it after all and the day is turning to the better.
First, my room is really big with a huge TV. Second,
I am reading in the FREEP that Detroit is getting a bunch of snow, while I
change into a short sleeve shirt. Sorry, keep your chin up and the shovels
moving. There will be better days.
And last but not least, I had a huge steak at a Argentinian restaurant around
the corner. Now, I am sitting stuffed to the gills, watching Mexican television.
Mmmmm, maybe travel days are not half bad after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment